LV zoom issues

Von Rottes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've googled this and seen a few mentions of people having the same issue, but never a fix for it.

I have a Nikon D5300 and when I go to Live View and zoom in more than once the image gets so laggy It is impossible to use to get focus.. This is both with the 18-55 VR II that came with the camera and Vintage NON-CPU vivitar lenses.

I've seen videos of the D5300 zooming in just fine in live view. So I'm really curious if this is a setting somewhere that I'm missing or if it's like a hardware issue.

Note:
I did buy my D5300 factory refurbished in january 2016.

Are you doing this in low light?

example photos ?
as mentioned above, as you get into lower light situations AF systems will start having issues. This is where having larger aperture lenses assist in AF systems, and larger sensors. Even the Illumination light helps a lot in low light AF acquisition.

example photos ?
as mentioned above, as you get into lower light situations AF systems will start having issues. This is where having larger aperture lenses assist in AF systems, and larger sensors. Even the Illumination light helps a lot in low light AF acquisition.

I think he talking about using live view mode to focus where you can digitally zoom in on the live view to fine focus.

I just tried this on my D610 and when I zoomed in 3x, it gets laggy as well. I think it's normal behavior, it's lot for the camera to process.

low light and broad day light (like 1/1600 and iso 100 daylight)
I did go into the setting and turned off everything like high iso NR and D-lighting... helped a little bit.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back