Mabrey Jean

nkmaurer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just looking for some critiques.... this little girl is 1 of 4 adorable kids. It should be illegal to have all those kids look so cute hahah...but anyways would love to here everyone's thoughts!

9959.jpg

0192.jpg

0205.jpg

9947.jpg

9955.jpg

9949.jpg

9981.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't get more responses...I think the pictures are adorable..really nice job..but I would suggest you make them smaller so they are easier to view!

wow good job! To me though they look kinda soft. Not sure if that was your intent.

Lovely! Very cute little model. If I were to make a suggestion, the double catch lights are a little distracting. But the softness is appropriate for a soft subject like this. IMO.

She is beautiful! And the pictures are a perfect match!

Are her lips that color or did you change them in PP?? They are just...WOW!

thanks for the compliments.....sorry about how big they are, trying to get that down. I cropped as a 4x5. Afraid if I lowered the res if would affect the quality. But next time I upload I will try it.....haven't started on the brother yet :)

Catchlights....how do I fix that? if I don't use both lights then my white is gray.....even though I feel like it is more gray than white a lot of times, or at least a cast.

Lips.....no I didn't change the color of them, well maybe. I bumped up the saturation and vibrance in lightroom. So it probably brightened them up. I am still have problems with my color though. Look fine in photoshop, but when I pull them up even on the desktop I can tell some colors are blah and some vibrant. Like 6 and 7......6 her skin tone is more pink and 7 it is more gray. Can't tell a difference in photoshop at all.....Why would that be that just in photoshop I can't tell a difference? If they were all one way or the other that would be fine but when I have 2 pics back to back it looks bad.

Wonderful series! Very professional. You obviously have talent.

The softness is very appropriate for the subject, and I see that you are paying particular attention to the sharpness of the eyes, which is very important. Nice job.

Skin tone and over color is excellent. I dont think there is anything wrong with white balance. Use sRBG color profile in photoshop, and try to use monitor calibration. Dont trust how they look on questionable monitors.

Great focus and control of lighting. What are you using for lighting?

As said already, try to keep them down to 700 or 800 px wide for horizontal shots, and about 480 px wide for vertical shots, web viewing. Otherwise, outstanding work! :thumbup:

NJ

HA! I love them!

The pictures are great! It helps to have a cute and entertaining subject to shoot also.

Most reactions

Back