Mac.

darkchild

The Punisher
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have a Mac notebook and am having problems finding software for it... What do you Mac users have to edit photo's? I'm not looking for anything pricy but something that will support RAW images.

I have gone through a couple things, but they do not work with Leopard. I went with Aperture, and now Aperture 3 -- I only shoot RAW, so this was a factor. I couldn't be happier with my choice, and just added CS5 to round out any PP I might have to do. USE A D700 & D 80.
Best,
J. R.

Last edited:
Canon software works on a mac, all of adobes stuff works, Aperture, iphoto can do some editing and works with raw, Google Picasa, Gimp. im sure there are others but most of that is what i have tried on my mac and all will support RAW files from a Canon. not sure about nikon as i do not have one.

Canon software works on a mac, all of adobes stuff works, Aperture, iphoto can do some editing and works with raw, Google Picasa, Gimp. im sure there are others but most of that is what i have tried on my mac and all will support RAW files from a Canon. not sure about nikon as i do not have one.

I agree.
There is also some other software, but not much needed because for basic processing you can use iPhoto, free with OS, more complex PP for free with GIMP or paying with Photoshop (also Elements variant). Canon DPP does its work and also Nikon has a Mac version of ViewNX2.
Anyway:
- GraphicConverter (shareware) opens at least Canon and Nikon raws, while doing more than converting.
- RAW Photo processor (donationware), although I just installed and not tested much.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back