MACRO: Bloemen van onze boom (Flowers from our tree)

DigitalDiva

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
All comments welcome. Thank you.
bomen%20bloemen.jpg

I like it, sharp details, a few hot spots from the side lighting that compete for attention but nothing that stopped my eye from wondering around the image.

Here is another one. Different composition. Open to comments. I need to calibrate my monitor here so please let me know if you find the image correct or what needs help. This is a low resolution image so it appears a little bit noisy but it was shot at ISO100, 50mm, 1/30s, f5.6. Thanks!

tree%20blooms%20take%202%20(61).jpg

Also posted this one in the Critique board:

tree%20bloom%201.jpg

Very nice shots. I like them all. In number 1 however, I would dodge the "white" area on the left. It's not totally white. I think it could also benefit from more contrast. Actually, converting to black and white with 100% green channel looks pretty nice too.

first one - wowie.

Really? May I ask why? Very curious now.

Digital Matt, the contrast is a bit less on #1 than on #2. I agree I should probably bump it up slightly. I'm going to keep the white area, though as I like it. ;)

Really? May I ask why? Very curious now.

Well, I love the control and the design in the picture. The arrangements of the shapes, the shadows and the highlights that are both in response to the single source of light.

The fact that the most fully seen, complete, detailed bud is on the left third of the image. How you've cut off the excess of gray on the left with a semi-circle; that you've let some of the buds and stems be incompletely seen or cut off by the margins that sort of echoes the semi-circle of the entire composition.

Whether every bit of it is on purpose or some of it or it was all a fortunate accident - this picture really strikes me.

I like the second one as well. The shallow depth of field is maybe a bit too shallow? I like the idea of going from sharp to blurry, but maybe not as blurry on the last one. I think the blur level on the third one would be better. Compsition is really striking, spot on.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Mike, ah I see what you mean regarding the grayish tint to the background.

Traveler, I appreciate the in-depth critique.

I think what I like the most are the colours in these. I shoot with a tripod and my 4x5 training has taught me to slow down and really think about what I am doing when I compose and shoot.

Most reactions

Back