What's new

Macro C&C - first attempt

Kimba

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jun 7, 2009
Messages
168
Reaction score
0
Location
Brisbane Australia
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for any feedback at all. These are some of my first shots. I've never studied photography and have no idea what i'm doing yet but I love taking pictures and definately wish to keep going.

#1
3605135287_9342ac1932.jpg


#2
3605953524_4bcc5ddbc6.jpg


#3
3605132849_582e215a98.jpg
 
Last edited:
The first two are a bit too dark. With #1, I would've taken it so it's more from above. #2, I would've tried to get the entire flower in. #3 is pretty cool :)
 
The first two are a bit too dark. With #1, I would've taken it so it's more from above. #2, I would've tried to get the entire flower in. #3 is pretty cool :)


very much appreciated thanks!
I got a few of the first one from above but they were all out of focus and the 2nd one, the rest of the plant was damaged so got what i could but will try what you suggested. thanks
 
The first two are definitely a bit dark-looking to me as well, but I like the fact that your composition on #1 is not the completely standard flower photo composition. It could use some work, but I think I like where you are going with it. If you still have access to that flower, I often find it useful to go back and shoot the same subject again after reviewing my pictures and thinking about ways to improve the composition. #3 is dead-on, I like it! The flesh tone behind the wing reveals the structure very nicely and the composition seems to fall into pleasing thirds from bottom to top. I'd just like to see it posted in a larger size so I can see the details!
 
The first two are definitely a bit dark-looking to me as well, but I like the fact that your composition on #1 is not the completely standard flower photo composition. It could use some work, but I think I like where you are going with it. If you still have access to that flower, I often find it useful to go back and shoot the same subject again after reviewing my pictures and thinking about ways to improve the composition. #3 is dead-on, I like it! The flesh tone behind the wing reveals the structure very nicely and the composition seems to fall into pleasing thirds from bottom to top. I'd just like to see it posted in a larger size so I can see the details!

3605132849_582e215a98_b.jpg


here it is larger for you to see. My son is the child here who was 7 at the time of this photo, i wanted to show in a way, just how big we look to insects which i think i got. As for the flower, it is dead from winter morning frost but i'll definately keep going with the flower shots. i love the different angles. thank heaps!!
 
You definitely got the little-thing-big-world idea across - which is even cooler given that this is a child, and the sharp details in that insect are awesome!
 
thanks!! oh just incase it matters, i dont have a decent camera yet. there were shot on a little cheap handheld sony cybershot. am looking into getting a canon 500D
 
thanks!! oh just incase it matters, i dont have a decent camera yet. there were shot on a little cheap handheld sony cybershot. am looking into getting a canon 500D

I shot with a rebel for the past few years, it is a very capable camera. I always recommend looking at used 30D's on craigslist as well. The ergonomics are better (at least for my large hands) and the fact that it has dedicated controls for both aperture and shutter speed make it worth considering. With dedicated controls, it's easier to shoot in full manual mode, which makes learning about exposure easier. I saw one on craigslist here for $400 the other day - and that's with the kit lens.

Again, the rebels are very capable cameras, but I am of the opinion that EOS xxD series cameras are better learning tools. I am sure you will find that whatever slr you buy, it will help you express your creativity even better.
 
thanks!! oh just incase it matters, i dont have a decent camera yet. there were shot on a little cheap handheld sony cybershot. am looking into getting a canon 500D

I shot with a rebel for the past few years, it is a very capable camera. I always recommend looking at used 30D's on craigslist as well. The ergonomics are better (at least for my large hands) and the fact that it has dedicated controls for both aperture and shutter speed make it worth considering. With dedicated controls, it's easier to shoot in full manual mode, which makes learning about exposure easier. I saw one on craigslist here for $400 the other day - and that's with the kit lens.

Again, the rebels are very capable cameras, but I am of the opinion that EOS xxD series cameras are better learning tools. I am sure you will find that whatever slr you buy, it will help you express your creativity even better.

Thanks, i went out today and bougth the Canon 500D so i cant wait to figure it out and start taking some photo's.
 
Thanks, i went out today and bougth the Canon 500D so i cant wait to figure it out and start taking some photo's.

Awesome, you will enjoy it. I can't wait to see the results :D

Good luck. Happy shooting.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom