Macro via Telephoto

AmericanJesus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, i just recently found out my sony 75-300 lens can do macro. Do i have to do something special to get it to do this or is it ready to go? On the lens it says 1.5m/4.9ft macro. So i just stand 5 feet away and should be able to focus in for a nice macro shot?

Well your lens is not a true Macro Only Minolta's/Sony's 50 f2.8 and 100 f2.8 are the only true 1:1 macro lenses. It depends on which lens you have Sigma has a switch on there lenses that turn the macro on (for example) My sigma 70-300 is only macro capable @200-300 so @200 I can turn the switch on. If you are using a Minolta lens they have a blue line on the distance marker that tells you what range macro engages (automatically when you are in that range. some Minoltas do also have the switch, but i can't recall a 70-300 with it and Sony's lenses are the same with the switch .I believe it is the same as my Sigma with it only working from 200-300 I just realized that you said it was a sony. But now you know for all the A mount lenses that are 1:1 or2:1 macro

Most reactions

New Topics

Back