Macro wildlife. (Warning Arachnophobia sufferers be warned.)

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is the biggest Black Widow I have ever seen and she was found in my basement!
I really wish I had payed attention to my ISO settings. Two of them are set at 1200 and seem a little grainy. Anyway, C&C is always welcome.

Kill it because it looks like a poisonous one... I don't remember of the name of the specie that I have in mind, but it kind of dangerous...

:rofl: No **** it's poisonous. I have BW around my house often. They mind their own business. :) That is a female, so look for the egg sac. They can be a bit aggressive if they are protecting a sac. Anyhow.. The pics are ok. I don't see enough detail for it to be really macro, right?

Gettin that time of year. Need to be about a foot closer or better telephoto. I want to see her slobber. :lol:

Closer would be better. Good capture though.

Hmm. I'm not sure what happened. The crop that I have is much tighter. My only macro camera is my 75-300 and you have to be pretty far away for the minimum focal point. However I did crop them to a much more macro shot. I'll see if I can figure this one out. As for them being poisonous they are very much poisonous! Luckily their bite is rarely fatal and usually only results in localized paralysis, not that I really want to see what happens! LOL

I am a HUGE spider lover and love looking at closer ups of them! She is beautiful!

Did you at least kill it after you took the pictures?

Or are you waiting for your son/daughter to run down in the basement to look for something and come across it?

I wouldn't let that thing live lol.

It is doubtful that your lens is truely a macro lens and more akin to a consumer grade close-up lens that is marketed for the unknowing, albeit 4.9' minimum focus distance is not all that close.

For documentary purposes, your images are adequate only.

I would not kill the critter, but relocate it far from my house in a suitable environment.

The 75-300 you will find is a "ok" lens but will not be very clear at 300 or detailed. Its auto focus is sssssslllllloooooooooowwwwwwww and inaccurrate.
Your images on smugmug are better and larger but that lens is just not a sharp lens for this.

I'm going spider hunting in the wood pile.:lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back