Made the switch

docster

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
sold my Sony A7ii. Considered picking up an A7iii but never really cared for the ergonomics/handling of the Sony FFs. So decided to take the chance on a Nikon Z6. Got it with the kit lens. Took an even bigger chance and went with a refurb from B&H. Decided to check the shutter count since body is perfect! This was after i took about 20-25 sample shots! Super stoked about that. Excited to get some video going on this!

IMG_1391.png

40!?!? Score! Congrats

I always wonder why something with essentially no use ends up in a refurb/used sale. To have had around fifteen shutter-fires before you bought it, its almost like it had a zero count before the refurbisher checked it over. I could see them going through fifteen actuations just testing it.

I always wonder why something with essentially no use ends up in a refurb/used sale. To have had around fifteen shutter-fires before you bought it, its almost like it had a zero count before the refurbisher checked it over. I could see them going through fifteen actuations just testing it.

Guy brought it home . . . wife sent it back.
Always check with the family Treasurer, first.

Yeah I agree was probably a return not a floor model. Used/refurbished is the way to go - especially if buying from a well known online store. Some even offer standard warranty.

Guy brought it home . . . wife sent it back.
Always check with the family Treasurer, first.
Could well be. From a somewhat tongue-in-cheek classified ad for a brand-new motorycle for sale, "'I guess do what you f-ing want,' doesn't mean what I thought it meant."

The shutter may have been replaced so the count was re-set.

Above post is more likely accurate..... Guy brought it home, wife sent it back. The vast majority of refurbs are actually just returns, which by law, cannot be sold as new.

The current retail climate create a lot of impulse purchases and also shall we call it quote rentals end quote, whereby a person purchases a camera setup and uses it and then returns it for a full money-back or full store credit.

True but my glass was half empty when I wrote that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back