Madison- Two Time World Beard and Mustache Championship Winner

DanOstergren

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So this year my friend Madison won best over all for the second year in a row at the World Beard and Mustache Championship. His beard is seriously a sight to behold, especially in person.

This weekend I got to photograph him for the second time. I've been doing a lot of client work lately, so it was really nice to be able to do something for fun again. I took the opportunity to experiment a bit with the editing, so not all of the shots are alike when it comes to the processing.

All shots were captured in natural light, with a white reflector used in the first shot for some fill. The buildings surrounding the location were reflecting a lot of light, so I was able to get some pretty cool lighting with minimal extra gear.

Camera: Canon 5D classic.
Lens: Canon 135mm f/2
--
f/3.5
1/200th sec
ISO 320
_mg_1247redo_by_danostergren-d9q9dbx.jpg

f/4.5
1/800th sec
ISO 320
_mg_1137_by_danostergren-d9nnmvx.jpg

f/4.5
1/400th sec
ISO 320
_mg_1106_1_by_danostergren-d9nng4o.jpg

f/4.5
1/320th sec
ISO 500
_mg_1395_1_by_danostergren-d9nk25a.jpg

Last edited:
Great job! Your friend have style :)
I really love the third one, the 1:1 ratio works well

that's a championship beard !

Amazing! I especially love the second one. Could you tell me about your lighting set-up there?

Gorgeous, as always!

majestic beard indeed.
Very nice work Dan.
Thank you.
Amazing! I especially love the second one. Could you tell me about your lighting set-up there?
Thank you. There was sunlight adding a rim light from behind him, and a building was reflecting sunlight from the front acting as the key light.
Gorgeous, as always!
Thank you.

Wow, that's incredible! If I'd had a thousand guesses, I'd never have figured that out. What a great location! Thank you!

majestic beard indeed.
Very nice work Dan.
Thank you.
Thank you. There was sunlight adding a rim light from behind him, and a building was reflecting sunlight from the front acting as the key light.
Gorgeous, as always!
Thank you.

Wow, that's incredible! If I'd had a thousand guesses, I'd never have figured that out. What a great location! Thank you!
One of the many reasons I love to use natural light.

Love the lighting, the processing and the beard. I particularly like the way his styled hair complements the beard.
These are easily up to your usual high standard.

Most reactions

Back