What's new

Magic Lamp Slides.. At least that's what I think they are.

Stradawhovious

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Nov 8, 2010
Messages
3,241
Reaction score
911
Location
Minneapolis, MN
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My wife and I were out Hitting up the Garage sales a few weeks ago, and she grapped a few items which I believe are slides for an antique Magic Lamp Oil Projector.

I wanted to see these lit up, so I bounced a sppedlight off of a white piece of paper, and took some photos.

Nothing fancy I know, but I have a soft spot for cool antiques. This certainly isn't fine art, but feel free to give me your thoughts, especially if you know what these things really are.

Enjoy!

1.
7834947756_11621cf446.jpg


2.
7834949230_1a630a9d69.jpg


3.
7834946446_92f3e740c5.jpg


Then, for funsies, I lit them with candles.

4.
7834943972_f146f29a3c.jpg


5.
7834942696_6abe78ab0b.jpg


6.
7834945304_cd527931e0.jpg
 
AH HA! A little Google Fu shows me that these are slides based off of a Thomas Hood story/poem titled "The Headlong Career and Woful Ending of Precocious Piggy"

I don't know anything else about them.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom