Magic Lantern Bulb Ramping Fails...

Cricketboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok I've been getting into a lot of time lapse photography lately. I've been doing very well with long duration shots of the night sky, or subject where the exposure doesn't change. I thought I'd give ML's Bulb ramping a whack. I have friends who use ML and don't seem to have any trouble with Buld Ramping.

I, however CAN NOT get it to work under ANY lighting conditions. I've tried shooting in every scenario imaginable. Wide aperture, high ISO, small aperture low ISO, vice versa, Manual, Av, Tv, P... Everyone else seems to have no trouble getting it to work. When ML runs the calibration it just says things like "Scene too dark, retrying..." then says "Scene too bright, retrying..." and "Scene not static, retrying..." It's pointed at the ground for goodness sakes! I can't seem to find a tutorial anywhere. I follow the instructions in the ML user guide (here), but it doesn't help! Does anyone else have any experience with using Bulb Ramping in ML? After the camera does this for about 10 to 15 minutes, I just abort and put the camera away. This is getting really frustrating. What mode do you shoot in and things like that? etc. I'm using a Canon T2i.

Most reactions

Back