What's new

MAJOR SCORE!!!!!!!!

Markw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Jul 25, 2008
Messages
4,057
Reaction score
230
Location
Baltimore
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so someone on my moms side of the family came down today and while being here, she asked to see some of my photo work. I showed her and she says "'ya know, I have a bunch of lighting equipment I havent used in about 2 years. Its all in good shape and Id be willing to give it to you if youd like it." So of corse I accepted and she went to get it. When she came back to my house, she had a 4.5' duffle bag full of boxes and some other things. Included in the list of equipment were:

(2) 6'x8' backdrops (!!!!)
(2) 89" light tripods (what I call them)
(2) bulbs
(2) domes
(1) silver reflector umbrella
(1) white diffuser umbrella
(1) 50" tripod

and everything to set it all up! I looked it up and the backdrops alone retail (not wholesale) for $250 a piece! She gave it all to me for free! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:Here are some pictures. Any idea what all of this could add up to in price?


The whole collection on the backdrops
DSC_1502.jpg


the three tripods
DSC_1503.jpg


One of the lighting studio lights set up (I forgot to put the dome around the light.)
DSC_1504.jpg


The other lighting setup with the white umbrella
DSC_1505.jpg


Thanks.
Mark

EDIT: sorry for the excessive burning on the light pictures.
 
Very nice! It will be nice to have a lot of that base stuff too when you want to move up to strobes (i.e., backdrops and stands). I can't wait to see some of what you come up with!
 
Free stuff rocks! Have a blast with it. Nice looking backdrops! Post some results when you get to doing some portraits with it!
 
I was so happy. Now I have to find something to hold up the backdrops so I can actually use them :lol:, but Id imagine I saved a crazy amount of money. I have never even met this woman before. It was like christmas :lol:

Mark
 
I was so happy. Now I have to find something to hold up the backdrops so I can actually use them :lol:, but Id imagine I saved a crazy amount of money. I have never even met this woman before. It was like christmas :lol:

Mark
Nothing like free gear. Those things are called light stands.

It's a couple hundred dollar kit being continuous lights with no output adjustment. :thumbup:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom