Make hay while the sun is shining.

We are starting to do the same tomorrow morning. Your shots are nice. My favorite is definitely the last one, I love the shadows of the clouds on the mountain and the tractor dimension look more natural. On my screen the colors also look more natural.

We are starting to do the same tomorrow morning. Your shots are nice. My favorite is definitely the last one, I love the shadows of the clouds on the mountain and the tractor dimension look more natural. On my screen the colors also look more natural.

Thanks, I've been trying to keep my focal length a bit more realistic. The colors are a tough. I had a hard time bringing them up since it was so hazy and harsh.

You've got dust bunnies on the sensor.

PoV seems too high. Did you take a shot other than standing fully erect?

Yeah I need a cleaning.

No, but now I wish I had because that is a good suggestion.

The last one, to my taste, but it has nothing to do with wide vs. tight as such, and everything to do with the relationship of the objects in frame to one another. I like the distant machine where it is in #3, and not in the first two.

In the first, you cut off the cycle-bar at the bottom of the frame. Not sure of your implement awareness, this is what actually cuts the hay, so somewhat integral to the theme. To me it's like cutting the whole rig off at the knees. In the third, the mower just isn't prominent enough for a haying scene for me, so I'll go with number 2.

And you have my sympathies on the bunnies. I'm waiting on an order or swabs for some spots that the puffer just won't blow away.

That old sickle mower brings back memories! And the vintage New Holland baler! Woo-hoo! Yeah baby! I can almost hear the clackity-clackity-clackity-clack of the sickle mower cutting through hay.

runnah, I don't like any of them. (Joking) But it does bring back memories of some hot days, long nights having to actually haul and stack hay bails. I made some money and kept in shape as a high school kid doing it, but man was it hard work.

Thanks guys. Yeah haying is rough work.

I might go back tonight and take some of the advice and take some more shot because the scene has promise.

I may have to give something like that a try as well. There is a field on my way home with rows of big round bails all lined up that seems interesting and I saw another field with the bailer and stuff all sitting there waiting to be moved, I can even get the old barbed wire fence included in this one.

The last one + as far as composition goes. I am a huge fan of UWA landscapes, however, in this case, I prefer the compression of the foreground tractor, mid ground wagon (?), and the mountain. Processing is a bit flat though, with the mid day lighting.

Yeah I need a cleaning.

No, but now I wish I had because that is a good suggestion.
:waiting: Quite disappointing runnah. I left the door wide open for a salty reply and you missed.

Lesson learned? Always consider different positions than just the immediate.

:waiting: Quite disappointing runnah. I left the door wide open for a salty reply and you missed.

Lesson learned? Always consider different positions than just the immediate.

Low hanging fruit.

Yeah I blame my bad back for my lack if low angle shots.

Did you take a shot other than standing fully erect?

I'm always fully erect when shooting, but then, of course, I'm shooting nudes so go figure...

Most reactions

Back