make photo sharper

qwertyjjj

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm trying to make this photo a bit sharper but am not totally sure about how to process this in Paint.NET
Any ideas?
$559113_10151506645651962_954015263_n.jpg

I'm not aware of any tools in Paint.net that will allow you to sharpen an image. Generally speaking, you don't get sharpening tools until you get into more sophisticated software such as Photoshop Elements or PaintShopPro. Perhaps one of our members would be willing to run it through their software for you (it would mean your providing them the high-res file). That said, blur is the one thing that can't really be fixed and while sharpening may improve that a bit, it could also enhance other, less desirable elements.

I'm not aware of any tools in Paint.net that will allow you to sharpen an image. Generally speaking, you don't get sharpening tools until you get into more sophisticated software such as Photoshop Elements or PaintShopPro. Perhaps one of our members would be willing to run it through their software for you (it would mean your providing them the high-res file). That said, blur is the one thing that can't really be fixed and while sharpening may improve that a bit, it could also enhance other, less desirable elements.

is the picture that blurry?
doesn't necessarily have to be sharpening but there's maybe some elements I could enhance, maybe increase the exposure on the moose, enhance the colours a bit more for the blue water, etc.?

Last edited:
No, it's not that blurry, or at least it doesn't appear to be, but it's hard to tell for sure on a small, low-res image. Paint.net really isn't meant for image editing of this sort. If you don't have one of the more mainstream editing packages, you might want to look into Gimp. It's a very full-featured, FREE editing application that had its start in the *nix world many years ago. There are LOTS of YouTube video tutorials available.

this photo is very underexposed which makes editing difficult. Had a quick play. Increased exposure added contrast and warmed white balance
$559113_10151506645651962_954015263_n.jpg

this photo is very underexposed which makes editing difficult. Had a quick play. Increased exposure added contrast and warmed white balance
View attachment 51889

Thanks, I wa splaying around with levels and curves in Paint.NET.
Thought the green could be enhanced maybe?
It's underexposed because the levels on the camera were probably set for the background and it was sunny. However, this makes the moose underexposed?

No the whole photo (background included) is underexposed. Your photo was too cool and too green.

I don't know about Paint.net, but you can try the unsharp mask tool in photoshop.
In my opnion, this image is too blurry to use, i would not post process it, but that's up to you hehe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back