Make Your Own Lens Hoods

Miaow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
s7.invisionfree.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Found this site mentioned on another site and thought those here would like it also :)

http://www.lenshoods.co.uk/

Make your own lens hoods for Canon,Nikon,Pentax,Sigma,Olympus,Tamron & Tonika Lenses out of cardboard (they have the cutout designs to print) - Plus you can make custom ones also if you have the measurements :)

I've printed a couple out on paper and the 18-55mm canon on did seem to fit on the lens ok :D

Last edited:
Interesting concept for the DIYer. Hey, if you like it and it works for you... that's great! For me, I think I will stick to plastic/metal hoods for now. :)

i have to agree with jerry here... while yes, lens hoods are used to protect from lens flare, they are also used for protecting your lens... which is why i'll stick withthe hard plastic

Interesting concept for the DIYer. Hey, if you like it and it works for you... that's great! For me, I think I will stick to plastic/metal hoods for now. :)

i have to agree with jerry here... while yes, lens hoods are used to protect from lens flare, they are also used for protecting your lens... which is why i'll stick withthe hard plastic

Yeah I agree for the lens protection part a REAL lens hood would be the best choice - but - hey say you need one all of a sudden for some reason or cant afford one at the time, the ones on this site I reckon would REALLY help if you're stuck :D

I mean you loose one or damage it and you just print it out again :D

Most reactions

Back