Making Film Reveal It's Image

A really important detail in the photo, the reel for loading the film into the developing tank isn't a Paterson reel. It looks like an AP reel that fits paterson tanks. The critical difference is that large shelf on either side of the spool that is easy to find in the dark by feel and once you get one side of the film on it, just let the other side drop on the one on the other side and slide in. Paterson tanks have a relatively tiny locator for loading. The work around for 120 is slide an old section of film 2 or 3 frames long past the ball bearings and use that as a guide. Still not as effective as the AP. My kit came with tank and 2 paterson reels. I don't wind my 35 mm all the way back into the canister or if do, have a retriever that will pull it back out, then trim the leader and get it pre started in the reel before going into the changing bag. The tank will take 2 of those reels and with the large tabs, I can easily load the first 120 past the ball bearings then start a second roll because the spool is designed for 220 film, twice as long as 120. That cuts your chemical costs and saves time.

I have used Kindermann stainless steel reels since the early 70's. I still have every one of them and they have never failed me,

And the next vid in the series:

I have used Kindermann stainless steel reels since the early 70's. I still have every one of them and they have never failed me,
I'm a stainless steel user as well but with Hewes reels.

Most reactions

Back