Making photos with the same person in different poses???

MyaLover

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just curious if someone could explain their secret on taking shots with one person, in different poses in different positions in the frame, all in one photo. Does that make sense? For example, suppose I wanted to take a photo of myself sitting on a chair, then in the background, there I am again, say looking out a window, and there I am again over in the corner reading a book. How do I set up my camera for a shot like that (exposure, focus, etc..) and how do I put it all together?

Try this tutorial for the putting it all together part.

As for the rest - I've never gotten great quality shots when I've tried this. I used the widest angle lens that I owned, exposed for the light in whatever room I was photographing in, and focused around f/16 just sort of in the middle of the room. You'll probably have to play around a bit to get the right settings for optimum focus.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive gotten a couple really great quality shots like this (IMO =P)
generally what you want to do is lock your exposure for all the shots so the exposure is the same in every one, then you can either use a small aperture to get everything in focus or just adjust your focus for each shot
heres a couple that i took a while back
MultipleExposures2.jpg

MultipleExposure4Final.jpg

oh, by the by, the technique is called Multiple Exposures
at least thats what ive called it for like 6 months

Multiple exposures is where you get more than one exposure on a slide of film.

That's more like a composite image.

i don't believe you can do multiple exposures with a digital camera.

the only way is as suggested. Multiple images shot and composited together in something like Ps. My Avatar was done that way.

I prefer them actually where the subject is interacting with self. Here my cousin is pouring himself a glass of coke:

2411189856_bd59e29656_o.png

This one isn't very good, though, as you can see there are 'odd' things going on around the two figures in addition to being somewhat soft.

The D200's do as well. I still call it more of a compositional photo than multiple exposure.

Im doing this stuff alot, but mainly for sequence shots of people jumping bikes and skateboarding tricks.

Can't you do this with the Bulb function on your Film camera? How do you set the exposure correctly?

One of the new (well - not really new anymore) is the Auto-align Layers. Especially if shooting from a tripod, it is an excellent tool to stack a group of images and paint the details from the underlining images into the final version. Works great for group shots where you have blinkers and smileless subjects without having to copy/paste/feather from one image to another.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back