Making photos with the same person in different poses???

The way I've done it in the past is by using a tripod an my camera's self-timer. Take multiple photos of yourself in different places within the frame. Like they said above, make sure your exposure is the same in each shot. Bring all the photos into Photoshop and make an image where all of your exposures are on different layers. Then erase the layers to let the layers underneath show through.

I believe some one mentioned that Pentax cameras have the ability to do this.

Really? I would love to be able to do this in-body on my K100D (whenever it may return to me). I have never heard of this ability, but if it exists I will be very happy.

The way I've done it in the past is by using a tripod an my camera's self-timer. Take multiple photos of yourself in different places within the frame. Like they said above, make sure your exposure is the same in each shot. Bring all the photos into Photoshop and make an image where all of your exposures are on different layers. Then erase the layers to let the layers underneath show through.

Yep, that's exactly what I do, or else use the wireless camera remote.

Here is one of my early attempts (with a little twist) which I have posted here before:
2387631616_fa129f9169.jpg

And also check out the Clones group on flickr! :D http://www.flickr.com/groups/home_grown_clones/

Can't you do this with the Bulb function on your Film camera? How do you set the exposure correctly?

My Nikon F3HP has a multiple exposure lever which disengages the film wind on when the wind on lever is rotated but still cocks the shutter. This enables several exposures to be made on the same frame. With the camera on a tripod and using the self timer you have a reasonable amount of time to get in shot before the shutter trips!

i just use photoshop... take one picture of the area, no people in it .. then take another in one position (don't move your tripod) and just take as many pictures as you want... then open them all in photoshop... cut out the person in each one, and past them into the image of the background... use the blur tool to clean up any messes around the edges.. heres one i did at christmas
n513738225_319634_8265.jpg

sorry for the triple post.. guess this thread is that hot...totally jacked your idea today andrew
n513738225_633725_1773.jpg

but at the same time, i came up with this idea.... the vampire!!!
n513738225_633745_8182.jpg

sorry for the triple post.. guess this thread is that hot...totally jacked your idea today andrew
n513738225_633725_1773.jpg

but at the same time, i came up with this idea.... the vampire!!!
n513738225_633745_8182.jpg
Haha, no problem, nice job! Actually on the second one, you should photoshop in just the floating camera in the mirror to complete the vampire effect! :D

Haha, no problem, nice job! Actually on the second one, you should photoshop in just the floating camera in the mirror to complete the vampire effect! :D

On the second one it looks like you're just shooting into a doorway.

This is very cool! Great photos everybody! :thumbup:

Actually on the second one, you should photoshop in just the floating camera in the mirror to complete the vampire effect! :D
I agree!

On the second one it looks like you're just shooting into a doorway.
LOL. Yeah, it does. :lol:

Most reactions

Back