Male Hooded Oriole

RVT1K

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm working on learning about all the new birds I'm seeing here. But my Peterson Field Guide to Birds of Northern Central America is coming in handy.

000_0272C - Copy.jpg

Nice shot! Beautiful bird! I'm on the hunt for an Orchard Oriel, because they show up in this area, but are very rare. I use an app called Seek which is by iNaturalist, and it works very well. Just point the phone camera at the bird on the screen, and in most cases it comes back immediately with the identification.

Lovely bird indeed, well taken and great bg.

I don't think the central positioning in the frame really does it justice tho. I'd personally move it left of center.

I've recently started to square crop most (not all) of my bird shots. Dunno why after years of rectangular shots but I seem to prefer it that way now for some reason.

Lovely bird indeed, well taken and great bg.

I don't think the central positioning in the frame really does it justice tho. I'd personally move it left of center.

I've recently started to square crop most (not all) of my bird shots. Dunno why after years of rectangular shots but I seem to prefer it that way now for some reason.

I'll go back and take a look at the uncropped shot. But I think the background got less to my liking when I first tried that.
I have to admit to being essentially "locked in" to the 16x9 aspect ratio so my shots fill the screen and should consider the possibilities of different crops.
Thanks for the thoughtful comments.

Very pretty bird.

Nice shot! Beautiful bird! I'm on the hunt for an Orchard Oriel, because they show up in this area, but are very rare. I use an app called Seek which is by iNaturalist, and it works very well. Just point the phone camera at the bird on the screen, and in most cases it comes back immediately with the identification.

I'll have to keep that resource in mind. The book I have is a great source of info but can be cumbersome to use, you kinda need to know the bird to find it in the book. Otherwise there is a lot of thumbing through to find something.

Awesome bird, and well captured on that background.

Most reactions

Back