Male Mallard (Watercoloresque)

KatiaGPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Is "watercoloresque" a word you ask? Is now :p

I was out on a walk awhile back and stumbled upon a pair of male mallards. I was lucky enough to be equipped with my 105mm Macro lens (only one I brought!) which allowed me to get this shot through the trees.

In another shot, you can see that this male is banded on his left leg, so I guess that means his migration patterns are being tracked.

Anyways, just thought I would share this. As always, I am open to critiques and comments, though I didn't want to post it in the Critique forum as I don't really have anything specific about that shot that I want help with.

Didn't do a whole lot of processing, a bit of Noise Ninja on a duplicate layer, set to about 20% opacity to get rid of some noise in the reflection of the breast. Sharpen Edges globally, and a very small curves adjustment layer, and that's it!

05-12-2012 098 by katiagphoto, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing!

This is an absolutely lovely image. The reflections of people surround the duck are however distracting. I would suggest cropping to to a vertical. (jmho)

Attachments

• $mallard-2.jpg
    $mallard-2.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 106
I would say it looks more like an oil painting than watercolor. Nice shot!

Nice picture.. would second the cropping suggestion, the large white tree-trunk on the is a bit distracting.

I would say it looks more like an oil painting than watercolor. Nice shot!

Oops, oil painting is what I meant :p

That crop really does work for the photo! I originally wanted to include some of the background and "oil painted" reflections as well but you can still see that in the crop too, so that's great. Thanks guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back