maleah, my little sis

jdphotographer2091

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took these in my living room it a flash on a tripod and the standard flash on my xti. I have more that i will be posting soon, after they go through post-processing. Please leave critiques with your comments. I realize that the eyes r not in focus and it really bothers me, but i didnt have time to take more pics. i was using the autofocus on my xti and it didnt focus on the right thing. next time i will definatley us manual focus

thanks

maleah6.jpg

maleah5.jpg

maleah4.jpg

maleah3.jpg

maleah2.jpg

maleah1.jpg

i think they look quite good. You can see her personality clearly in the pictures.

sorry, but they are all killing my eyes. they are way to over exposed, you've got your flash way to poweful and way to directed, it needs to be diffused more

dont be sorry
i totally agree, im still learning the flashes and studio style photography
thanks, ill definatley tweak my flashes next time to expose it right

yeah it is REALLY out of focus
i didnt know it would do that with the autofocus on my xti
next time i will use manual focus and focus on the eyes, but i posted it anyways because i like the feel of the shots

thanks

ok,
i want to by some reflectors also
i also need to buy some real strobes.
all i used for this was like a flash that u can put ontop of ur camera
i also couldnt control the power of the flash with the flash i used ha( its really cheap)

thanks

yeah it is REALLY out of focus
i didnt know it would do that with the autofocus on my xti
next time i will use manual focus and focus on the eyes, but i posted it anyways because i like the feel of the shots

thanks

It looks like you just focused on the middle of the frame. Next time, focus on the eyes, then get the rest in the frame. You can do that with the autofocus on. When shooting portraits, having the eyes in focus is usually preferred.

pascal

shes cute.

"it didnt focus on the right thing"
the autofocus focuses on what you tell it to, it cant think for itself :D

by that i meant that i didnt "tell it to" focus on the right thing.
i know it cant think or whatever for itself

thanks

Most reactions

Back