Mamaw and Ray.... 1 for CC.

I think it would have been better if they werent looking at the camera. They are too small in the frame to be looking at the camera IMO..

I'd actually like the photo without the human element, but I'm not emotionally attached.

they look great together—their features are so similar. could you try again and get closer? even though the shutters and porch are nice, i feel that the relationship of the two people is far more important. capitalize on that. :)

This is an environmental portrait. It has a well-balanced, formal composition style,and the direct eye gaze is fine in this style of photograph. I'm pretty sure this image looks much better when viewed as a print, and thus seen and viewed MUCH larger than the dinky on-screen size image we are all looking at here on TPF.

This is an environmental portrait. It has a well-balanced, formal composition style,and the direct eye gaze is fine in this style of photograph. I'm pretty sure this image looks much better when viewed as a print, and thus seen and viewed MUCH larger than the dinky on-screen size image we are all looking at here on TPF.

Its on my print list for sure derrel... and yes, it looks way better on my 27" iMac screen.

Thanks for the feedback on this one.

p!nK

Camera Maker: NIKON CORPORATION
Camera Model: NIKON D700
Lens: 105.0 mm f/2.8
Image Date: 2012-07-29
Focal Length: 105mm (35mm equivalent: 105mm)
Focus Distance: Infinite
Aperture: f/4.0
Exposure Time: 0.010 s (1/100)
ISO equiv: 400
Exposure Bias: none
Metering Mode: Center Weight
Exposure: Manual
Exposure Mode: Manual
White Balance: Auto
Flash Fired: No
GPS Coordinate: undefined, undefined
Photographer: Matt Francosky
Copyright: 2012
Software: Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.6 (Macintosh)

I like The composition and tone...but I'm dying for those ferns to be in focus. Or maybe it's just the low res on TPF. And you might think about cropping out the porch bottom...or maybe not actually. It adds a little bit to the perspective

I like The composition and tone...but I'm dying for those ferns to be in focus. Or maybe it's just the low res on TPF. And you might think about cropping out the porch bottom...or maybe not actually. It adds a little bit to the perspective

I tried a crop without the ferns first, seemed unbalanced to me, like they were falling or sliding off the bottom of the frame.

p!nK

Most reactions

Back