Mamiya rb67 pro s winding issue

ig: @ianbaltz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I’ve had my pro s for just over a week now so i’ve only shot 3 rolls with it and only developed 2. The first one i developed, the spacing was a little inconsistent but nothing overlapped and i got all 10 frames. but the frames on the second one, which i shot exactly like i did the first, are all spaced super far apart so i ended up only getting 8 pictures. it’s also strange bc they aren’t inconsistently far apart, the gaps are uniform, and i’m assuming the film back isn’t supposed to leave 1 1/2 inch gaps between exposures. anyway, if anyone has any advice on whether they’ve encountered this issue or how i could solve it i’d really appreciate it!

Have a look here:
Frame Spacing Changes from Roll to Roll

Since all this is new to you(?), inconsistent spacing just might be due to your loading technique--right and tight one roll#1, not so much on roll#2?

Mamiya RB film inserts aren't fragile. That and the fact one roll was OK but another mis-spaced suggest loading issues. Assuming you're shooting 120 in 120 insert?

Have a look here:
Frame Spacing Changes from Roll to Roll

Since all this is new to you(?), inconsistent spacing just might be due to your loading technique--right and tight one roll#1, not so much on roll#2?

Mamiya RB film inserts aren't fragile. That and the fact one roll was OK but another mis-spaced suggest loading issues. Assuming you're shooting 120 in 120 insert?
i’m using 120, yes. the back i have also has an issue with the counter but i believe that’s unrelated. i think i’m just going to have to run a few more rolls through it while winding and loading it more carefully to see if the problem persists. thanks for your help!

Most reactions

Back