Mamiya RB67 vs Fuji GX680: FIGHT

RB67 or GX680?

• RB67

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • GX680

Votes: 1 33.3%

• Total voters
Mike, that would be awesome. Is it an RB or RZ? I got screwed on my lens. $250 LESS than I wanted for it. I found the PC sync on the lens, but the RZ has a hot shoe too, which I like a LOT. Works with my wireless setup, and keeps the PC free for a digital hookup.

Hi, it's an RB-Pro.

I found the 90mm. I also found a 180mm that doesn't want to cock (it's really hard anyway) and the aforementioned 127mm (shutter and glass are still good) if you want to play around with them.

The one hangup might be that I sold a buddy of mine the extra waist level finder and all I've got to go with it is a chimney finder. The kicker though is that I really would like to keep both, the WL is great for landscapes but the chimney is much better for close focusing so you might need to acquire one or the other.

I still need to dig around for the body though and today I'm rebuilding an old Pioneer receiver unit and If I leave it too long I'll forget where all the screws go. I'll try for tomorrow or Monday and contact you when I have found everything and give it the once over to make sure it works.

Sorry, Mike, I decided to go with a 645 instead for ease of going digital. Less expensive than an RB setup.

Dammit, I only can afford $350 (bills), so I went with a 645 Super with winder, plain prism, and 120 back. Easier for digital in the future anyway. :(

Great! Those are fine shooters.

And it saves me from having to dig out that extra body. ;)

Run a roll or three of Arista EDU and try stand developing in Caffenol C with just a splash of D76. There are better resources than me for the particulars but it's a fairly cheap thrill.

Good shooting.

Sorry, Mike, I decided to go with a 645 instead for ease of going digital. Less expensive than an RB setup.

Dammit, I only can afford $350 (bills), so I went with a 645 Super with winder, plain prism, and 120 back. Easier for digital in the future anyway. :(

Nice kit. Have one and love it, though the winder could use a silent mode. Think you'll be looking at a FF DSLR in future instead of a digital back for the Mamiya.

We'll see. I'm happy with my 7D mostly, and really want the back as more of a hobby thing/fancy toy, really. Basically, what I'm saying is a back is a waste of perfectly good money. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back