Man on Harley

vipgraphx

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just got this new lens today (nikon 70-200mm 2.8 VRII) and tested it out. I took this picture at full zoom 200mm, F/8 ,1/125s ISO 100.

I did some tone mapping on the photo but used the original exposure for his skin. I was a good distance from this guy and cropped in to remove all the other cars. This is what got. I was amazed how sharp it still was cropped in. Also the lens has nano coating and it seemed to help with some ghosting and flare.

It was a toss up between this lens and the nikon 14-24. Since I had a wide lens and in need of a zoom lens I chose to go this route. I sure hope I get use out of it as I here many people don't end up using it as much.

anyways here is the photo.

man_on_harley by VIPGraphX, on Flickr

people don't use the 70-200 much?? Not sure who they are, everyone I know who has one likes to keep it glued to their bodies, self included. ;)

Are you looking for C&C?

...Is this a page from a comic book, or a photo...?

A little overcooked, IMO...

o hey tyler - No cc I know this is not a great photo. I was just in the parking lot testing it out and when I got home I just messed around. What I was trying to do is see how it looked zoomed in as I never have shot with this lens before. I thought it was pretty sharp and just posted my findings. Since I tone-mapped it I did not think it was appropriate to post anywhere else. I have two other threads that have just a little processing. One of my dog and one BW photo attempt.

Last edited:
people don't use the 70-200 much?? Not sure who they are, everyone I know who has one likes to keep it glued to their bodies, self included. ;)

I suppose its what you shoot right. The guy who sold this to me did not use it much thus why he sold it. I sometimes hate the internet because its usually all one sided on what each individual likes. I plan on using this lens to the fullest when I can and I hope that I find my self doing so. Since I am not a big time hot shot pro I am in my own little world I rely on forums and reviews to gather as much info as possible. 6 on one side 1/2 a dozen on the other......

+1, I only have the sigma version, but I LOVE it. Sold it once and couldn't live without it so I bought another one. Honestly, it pretty much lives on my camera and NEVER comes off. But I shoot mostly portraits and sports too. But still, it's just an amazing lens to have. So so so versatile and useful..

I have the Sigma 28 - 300 and its a great lens and so versatile.

As for the pic I dont like the vignetting.

I know this is off topic but would you folks recommend selling my primes since I have this now. I have the 35mm 1.8g and a 50 mm 1.8G. I hope to get a 24-70 2.8 and last a 14-24mm
One thing about the primes is they are lighter and I can take anyware. I dont see using this big azzzz lens on vacation like say Disneyland but will take it to the beach and what not.

Your primes should be giving you the sharpest images. I wouldnt get rid of them unless you need the money.

I was told that this lens will out perform the 35 1.8G and the 50 1.8G ????? I really have not had to much time to test it. All though it is very different focal lengths so hard to really compare apples to oranges. I would have to try to compare at 70mm and with the 35 and 50 would have to be closer in to get a good result I suppose.

Trever1t said:

I have a sigma 70 - 300 it's a great lens

Trever1t said:

I have a sigma 70 - 300 it's a great lens

Does it have a constant f/2.8 aperture?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back