What's new

Man Praying In Mosque

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Feb 1, 2004
Messages
34,812
Reaction score
822
Location
Lower Saxony, Germany
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4562534613_1fa4259fd3_o.jpg


Scene from Selimiye Mosque in Konya, Turkey (March 2010).

And yes. I know that the man who's praying, is out of focus.
 
I actually like the fact that he is not sharp. But the rugs look soft throughout too and that's too bad. Or is it the way rugs photograph?
 
I like it. I think the carpet looks soft due to the repeating pattern.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
Well, and it may also be due to the fact that it was an ISO 1600 (highest for my camera, inducing a lot of noise) that had been run though a noise reduction programme. And I don't see the carpet really as blurred. And it WAS soft (its fabric).
 
I think it's a very nice photo, the rug doesn't look that soft to me. But as a personal preference a lower angle would make the photo looks nicer.
 
i like it, but i feel like he is lost due to the large amount of foreground. MAybe a lower angle and less foreground?
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #7
Impossible to repeat, to reshoot. I'm not going to be in Konya any time soon again. Or ever. Who knows?

All I can offer is another photo, taken on the same occasion, in the same mosque, during the same 15 minutes I was allowed in there:

4563160844_e3baaa4b51_o.jpg


It is still the same theme ("Man Praying in Mosque") only is this another man.
And no, as the tourist who I was, I was not going to do any "gymnastics" in order to get my photos, I was careful not to be a disturbance, that was my primary goal - plus the one to get some photos.

Flickr isn't doing them any good, I might add. I find they lose in sharpness, and VERY much so, the ones I see on my screen directly from the disk are a lot better!
 
Love the second one more, if these were taken in Turkey, I know how it's hard to get comfortable with the people there, they're not really friendly.
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #9
Well, as to my experience in Turkey in general and with people there or from there, I can't really underline what you are saying.
And actually, I tend to agree with regards to these two photos. I should have posted the second one first (and leave it at that).

By the way, if I should ever come to your country and visit a mosque there, I'd behave similarly, wouldn't do any "gymnastics" in your mosques, either! I don't do "gymnastics" in our churches, either.
 
By the way, if I should ever come to your country and visit a mosque there, I'd behave similarly, wouldn't do any "gymnastics" in your mosques, either! I don't do "gymnastics" in our churches, either.

Oh, that made me think about what I've done in a church back in Leeds. I've done some "gymnastics" as you call it, do you find it offensive or misbehavior if a tourist have done some weird moves to take a shot in a church? not by meaning any disrespect to the place, as I do respect every kind of beliefs and religions.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom