Man Seated On Board Walk At Long Beach, NY...

LowezAkar

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am a band new member as well as a very basic amateur photographer. Any feedback both bad or good will be appreciated. I shot this with my D90 w/ 18-105mm Lens.

Attachments

• $Long Beach Bench Man.jpg
    $Long Beach Bench Man.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 118
Nice capture of emotion! He looks lost deep in thought...

The shot could use work on composition though. Zooming in on him+bench would have emphasized that he was the subject plus it would have created more bokeh for you and got him to "pop" more against the ocean. Unless your aim was to include the benchs and boardwalk in which case you should have taken a more narrow approach(so your focus would still emphasize him) OR zoomed out more so you could include the entirety of the benches.

As for PP the ocean needs to be darkened or at least have contast increased so the difference between the beach and water is more discernible.

Just my 2 cents :)

Not a bad shot. Generally it's better not to center the main subject. In this case his surroundings (trash basket, benches) are not symmetric around him, so the centering doesn't detract as much, but if you crop the partial bench on the left I think you'll find the composition is stronger. He'll be looking into the rest of the frame with the one empty bench as company.

I like the comments, honestly at my early stage in photography I was already getting discouraged but just from these two comments you guys gave me a little more confidence.

A cool simple shot; i feel you can trim out the bench seen to his left; this would also make him out of center
..and now its time to show more of your works
Regards :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back