Mandy and Mallory

ceeboy14

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I would be the last person to claim portrait photogrpsher status. Even when I shot professionally years ago, portraiture was not my specialty..nice big macines which rarely moved were much more in line as subjects for me than people. Recently, I was visiting with a friend while she played with her daughter and I popped of a couple of quick shots, trying my best to capture their naturalness instead of a forced smile, straight-backed pose.

Be gentle.

$mal and mand 3.jpg

I like the tight crop. Seems the skin tone may be off, like perhaps a white balance adjustment is off or such. And thats just for the sake of CC as those two look great in that pic!

It's a wonderful photo. It captures a perfect moment. You're new to the forum and have been posting a lot of photos -- I like this one best. 2Wheel is right, you've got white balance problems, the skin tones are off -- whites of the child's eyes are blue and green tints are showing up in the hair.

There's another issue that will effect how people respond. You have the photo tagged with the Adobe 1998 color space. That's going to cause a lot of folks to see the photo incorrectly as they use non-color-managed browers. If I may, I adjusted the skin tones to average for the sRGB color space and re-tagged the photo.

$molly_mandy.jpg

Joe

It's a wonderful photo. It captures a perfect moment. You're new to the forum and have been posting a lot of photos -- I like this one best. 2Wheel is right, you've got white balance problems, the skin tones are off -- whites of the child's eyes are blue and green tints are showing up in the hair.

There's another issue that will effect how people respond. You have the photo tagged with the Adobe 1998 color space. That's going to cause a lot of folks to see the photo incorrectly as they use non-color-managed browers. If I may, I adjusted the skin tones to average for the sRGB color space and re-tagged the photo.

View attachment 28291

Joe

That's what the problem was. I shot this but did the intial processing on someone else's computer who only had CS2, an uncalibrated monitor and I am quite sure not sRGB colorspace...thanks, I'll go correct that right now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back