Manhattan + Brooklyn Bridge

unkN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I went to NYC and I took this panorama. First time using a tripod and first time doing a panorama. I was happy with the way it turned out but I still feel that it could be improved...how?

forbbok6.jpg

Link to a larger version - HERE

Good job indeed! It appears well-exposed to me, with foreground and background elements visible and the lights not all blown out.

I think its beautiful. The only part I don't like is the fishing pole (?) sticking out of the right side. Other than that, very nicely done :thumbsup:

I was gonna say 'that's Brooklyn and the Brooklyn Bridge', but I get the title now..:blushing:

This shot is a beauty, although I could do without the 'mainland' in the corners. And yes, the pole is a bummer.

pascal

hey :)

what lens and info do you use and take the photo at?

Wow nice work! Especially if this is your first! I agree that the fishing pole is in the way, but overall - great shot!

Also... where did you take it? Looks like South Street Seaport but I wanted to verify.

also, what time is this?

First, thanks for the comments! I appreciate them. Now...

hey :)

what lens and info do you use and take the photo at?

I used a Tamron 17-50 at 17mm and I think each shot was around...
ISO 400
f/8
4 to 8 sec exposures

It was really windy so I had to do a shorter exposure... I kept getting some shake.

Also... where did you take it? Looks like South Street Seaport but I wanted to verify.

Yep! That whole area is really cool at night.

also, what time is this?

It was about 10:45... I tried to get there earlier but oh well.

So I took some advice and upped the saturation a bit and tried to photoshop the pole out and some of the side parts. Here's what I've got now--

moresatblueandredchangebh9.jpg

Much better...

You're looking almost directly at my house from there!

Cool.

RMH159 it wasnt shot at South Street Seaport, this can be clearly seen if you look to the right of the shot past the Brooklyn Bridge and below it.

Er, oops. I misread that. Yeah we walked down there eventually, but it was just taken off of South Street on a walkway.

RMH159 it wasnt shot at South Street Seaport, this can be clearly seen if you look to the right of the shot past the Brooklyn Bridge and below it.

Oh yeah... duh. Good stuff... love the shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back