Manipulating a 5 frame.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Took a 5 frame of the back yard this morning & processed it in Photomatix Pro 5. I took this output & further processed it in Perfect Effects 8, HDR natural. Interesting to see the results.

1. This is the middle exposure of the 5 frames.

P5190001.jpg

2. This is the 5 frame output from Photomatix.

P5190001_2_3_4_5_tonemapped.jpg

3. This is the result of processing the above shot in Perfect Effects 8 HDR natural.

P5190001_2_3_4_5_tonemapped-Edit.jpg

This additional process certainly brought out more detail in the shadows.

it brought out a halo around the trees, didn't pull out enough detail in the clouds on the horizon.

I feel like you could have processed the first shot posted to be pretty darn close to that output.

it brought out a halo around the trees, didn't pull out enough detail in the clouds on the horizon.

I feel like you could have processed the first shot posted to be pretty darn close to that output.

Laf, you give me far to much credit. I have very little editing skill & rely much on presets. Now maybe you & many others here could coax out a better image from the default shot but that is likely beyond my ability.

Well I did give it a try, took the centre frame & played around in LR 4 to see what I could do. Sure a lot more effort & time but here is what I got.

1. original

P5190001.jpg

2. Lightroom edit.

P5190001-2.jpg

Better... Don't use Photomatix or Perfect Effects unless you're animating for a cartoon book. And shoot in RAW if you aren't already. RAW files have much more information than JPEGs.

Most reactions

Back