What's new

March/April shots C&C

photog4life

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Dec 26, 2011
Messages
262
Reaction score
28
Location
stl
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
$bike1.webp$Flowerwideangle.webp$guitar macro.webp$guitarwide.webp$Lonetree.webp$SharpieMacro.webp
These are some of my shots from april and march. I personally feel these are my best photos I've posted yet. Please critique these. PLEASE GIVE REASONS not just "they suck." Thanks guys!
 
BUMP! I know my photos aren't perfect so any help would be appreciated.
 
Bike shot ... not sure what you were trying to show there, but its not that interesting.
The flower is better ... you need to work on the tonality, as it looks flat.
First guitar shot looks like a test of depth of field.
Second one has a theme. Needs working on composition and lighting ... keep working on getting that one better.
The Sharpie reminds me of your first guitar shot.
I think the tree with path would be more interesting in wider angle.
You need to work on your B&W ... like many others, they have no B&W in them, too much mud.
 
What do you mean by work on the tonality and by the B&W being "mud"?
 
I think the mud part is that there are no definite blacks and definite whites. Just mixed together or muddy. There needs to be more work to define the tones in the photo.
 
An easier way to explain that would be that the image needs a subject with more contrast. No, I don't mean go add some contrast, I mean what they said. But all in all, it's good that you're exploring with your camera.
 
An easier way to explain that would be that the image needs a subject with more contrast. No, I don't mean go add some contrast, I mean what they said. But all in all, it's good that you're exploring with your camera.

Not nessiceraly contrast and tonal range are two completely different things. The image of the bike definitely needs more tonal range then it does contrast.
 
Yeahhhh the bike wasnt a very good photo.. I had a different idea in mind and it just didn't work out. Honestly the photo I want the most critique on though is the picture of the "lonetree".
 
hey there! i like the one with the flower most - very calm - very clear subject and no distractions around and also a nice composition that leads the eye from the leaf to the flower and back down the stem.

for "guitarwide" i would try some stronger and very soft light so you get rid of the hard shadows. you could bounce some light off the ceiling or white board and then onto the guitar for instance. might be worth a shot!

nice work!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom