Maroon Bells Sunrise

cbarnard7

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All-

I went camping with the family last weekend at a cool little ranch high in Colorado mountain country. It was the first time I've seen so many yellow aspens at one time.

I decided to wake up at 4am and head to Maroon Bells for sunrise. It was quite the feat sneaking out of a super-quiet, creaky cabin with an 18-month old sleeping by the door.

However, after a crazy drive through the pitch-black mountains, I arrived at the trailhead. If you know anything about Maroon Bells, then you know it's packed during the fall season. I arrived about 30 minutes before sunrise and there were already 75+ photographers lined up and ready for the red color.

I made my way around the lake to avoid the crowd (didn't feel like fighting for a shot to clone out people). I settled on a nice area with no people and waited.

It was a beautiful morning and I'm pleased with my effort.

21226032124_f1a65597ed_b.jpg

Last edited:
Nice shot! That looks like a gorgeous and relaxing area! Minus the other photographers!

Very nice work on making the early trek and excellent capture.

Beautiful photo. I hope to get back that way as the last time I was there was only for a short time and in the middle of the day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back