Martial Arts anyone?

Mitica100

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't recall a thread talking about who does or has done Martial Arts of any kind. I'll start...

Aikido, some 15 years ago, stopped.

Muay Thai, Russian Silat, Filipino Arts, Gracie Ju Jitsu. Going on 25 years.

I took some type of karate with my kids about 15 years ago...I don't even remember what it was called. I only remember how to count to 10 lol.

Tae Kwon Do for 3 years had to quit because of a severe lack of money.

Judo and Kung Fu - but not in the last 20 years. I did Judo as a kid and the great thing is that a lot of the early training taught you how to fall. This training is ingrained on me and even as an adult I when a take a fall I instinctively know to do it. It's saved my butt a couple of times.

I like Jet Li movies, does that count?

Shotokan karate, for the last 7 years, got my first don (black belt) last year under Sensei Okazaki, the man who founded the ISKF.

By the way, if money is an issue for anyone, check out local colleges/universities. There are usually clubs, and a lot of the time they are free, and the clubs i have been associated with are very open to having non students join as well.

My twin 12 y/o kids are both 2nd degree black belts in tae kwon do ... I live vicariously through them ...

heeeya.jpg

I tried a little Judo back in college, but didn't continue it.

My father (Filipino) was disappointed in the classes offered here in the states (very commercialized.. over sensationalized). He taught me when I was young as something to keep me busy during the summer and for some discipline. Overtime, he invited my friends because we all needed something to do. As time went by the "classes" stopped but his lessons in self discipline never did. A part of me wishes we both had the opportunity to continue...

TKD for 5 years, Aikido for 2. Found no use for it, really, except exercise. Too many lawyers out there..........

I studied Hsign-I Chuan for many years. I havent been practicing for quite a few years.

Practiced judo for 2 years not too long ago.

No martial arts, but I was on the Ft. Huachuca U.S. Army Boxing Team for 3 years.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back