Masculinity

Jrmdb3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I have a photography class project due tomorrow. Assignement: Take a picture that displays masculinity.
Took a nap today, woke up at 9pm. Oh No! I forgot to take my picture!
Thought for a bit, didn't want to do anything cliche and came up with something I thought was great!
Outcome:

IMG_1173e1.jpg

Only took about 20 minutes to take. Had to get my hand all dirty and oily, but it was worth it!

Thoughts?

Interesting idea, nice shot.... Alot of empty space off to the left imo but that can work with this shot i think, some may disagree......... It just leasves somethign to be desired.

not bad for spur of the moment....but it's going to lose you points for sexism lol, I know some female mechanics out there. On the shot, I think your hand is too wet, grime is a better look in b&w so some grease would have worked better.

Yea. Well anything 'masculin' could be sexist then, in a way. Football, women watch and play it. Weights, woman do it. Muscles, women can be body builders. And it goes on and on. However, there are limited ones that can't be sexist. Like Urinals, condoms, and some others i can't think of.

I really like the outcome of this picture though. The one I printed off is more of a sepia look to it.

Thanks for the comments!
Anymore?

I like the idea, and the open space. But I agree that the hand looks too wet. Before I read your description, I thought more Gruesome than Masculine. Curious, what did your teacher say?

She really liked it. I don't want to brag, but I'm clearly more experienced in Photography than most of the students taking Photography, and the teacher knows it too. Everyone in my class had to take 2 small strips of paper and label them 1 and 2 and put that piece of paper with the picture on the screen they thought was the best and the second best. I got the majority of the 1's and some 2's. The teacher however gave me her 2. She gave her 1 to a girl that took a photo of a little boy in boots, sitting down on a farm I think holding a gun. It really was good. The teacher told me that she felt the other girls photo related more to the theme. She really liked mine though, she wants me to enter it in the competition coming up soon.
I do agree how it doesn't look to masculine. I wish I didn't use too much oil and more grease, or dirt. It doesn't really look like that hand (my hand) worked on a car.
Thanks for the words though Dmitri!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back