Match Day

'Daniel'

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Match Day

Taken today, England and Austria were playing football in the city.

matchdaytpf3ro.jpg

Not usually one for selective colouring.

I don't understand the relationship between the image and football am I missing something? Cool shot though!!

perhaps it's an empty street because everyone's in the pub watching the game?

It is a great shot. You say that you aren't into selective coloring, but I think it definately works here!

Daniel said:
Not usually one for selective colouring.

neither am i and i don't like it here. i think it's a great shot though! nice capture.

Abstract said:
I don't understand the relationship between the image and football am I missing something? Cool shot though!!

There are subtleties that suggest it. bare in mind this is in the middle of a big city by british standards.

Thanks for the coments all.

That is why in my language we call these matches that almost everyone wants to see on TV (or even live, in the stadion) "street sweepers" ... suddenly for 90 minutes the streets seem to be "swept clean of pedestrians and cars". Everyone is inside watching the match :).

I think you captured the situation perfectly here!

With a bag painted as red as that, the cops coming towards him are gonna wonder why it's not black and white like the rest of the photo. hehehe.

Very nice photo though! Very football season too!

Thanks alot. It was weird, the streets were for the most part empty on a saturday. When its a manchester united match its not so noticable but yesterday...

Ah I see, I'm not into footy myself and didn't realise it was Manchester :blushing: but now I know I see the point :D

Excellent ... it'll be the story of about every city town and street in ENGLAND last satuyrday .....

Mind you ... again this Wednesday

ENGLAND ..... ENGLAND .... ENGLAND ..........

ENGLAND til I die....
ENGLAND til I die....
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm
ENGLAND til I die....

It's a cool picture... but why color the bag? Why not the bus? Or the neon sign?

The bag doesn't add anything (it seems) yet you made it the main element

I needed a main focal point, without the colour i felt your eye wasn't led to any disticnt point straight off. I wanted you to look at the bag first and the person, then allow your eyes to be led by the lines down to the police women then you notice the street is empty save for a bus that has to be there.

Without it the image looks a bit lost.

Most reactions

Back