Maternity session on the beach

janineh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys, pls C&C my last maternity session. Its only my seconds one so far...
1 $Michelle (1 of 1)-4 copynsm.jpg
2 $Michelle (1 of 1)-11 copybw2sm.jpg
3 $Michelle (1 of 1)-21 copynsm.jpg
4 $sdfsdsm.jpg
5 $Michelle (1 of 1)-25 copysm.jpg

Love #3, 4, and #5.
I am not loving #1. I think it is just too bright maybe? Or it just might be the processing that is throwing me off.
#2. I would never pose someone crotch forward in a swimsuit. JMO.
The other three are stunning. The way you processed them so vibrantly really keeps me interested. The sunflare in #3 is dreamy.

1 is ok... 2 is interesting but a little static. Good idea.

The rest I do not like at all.

However... 1. I hate almost all maternity photos and am VERY critical of them, and 2. I think Kathy is far more qualified to comment on them than some dude who shoots pictures of buildings, decaying stuff, and random odd people on the street. :)

Love #3, 4, and #5.
I am not loving #1. I think it is just too bright maybe? Or it just might be the processing that is throwing me off.
The other three are stunning. The way you processed them so vibrantly really keeps me interested. The sunflare in #3 is dreamy.

Thanks for your input. With #2, how would you position her to get a better result?

love the feel and emotion on these!

I like them,

Personally would give them a bit more contrast.

Good work

In addition to what the others have suggested, I think the last one could do with some tweaking. It's in an in-between of being/not being a true silhouette. I believe adjusting the black point can help with this. Or you could add an exposure layer with a mask.

I like 3, 4, and 5. Not coincidentally, these are the ones in which she is not facing square to the camera. Unless you have specific elements to show that it's a pregnant belly (such as a shirt s t r e t c h e d across it, or particular side lighting), it can easily come across as just overweight. I'm afraid that's true of the second shot here. The dress in the first shot might be tight enough to pull off the angle (it certainly works in shots 3 and 4) but she is such a small portion of the frame any tightness to the dress loses its impact.

I do like the processing of 3 and 4, I think it has a dreamy feel which suits the subject. Looking at the mom-to-be I suspect you processed these pretty close to identically - it's interesting how they have a different feel to me, I'm guessing just do to the different flora surrounding her.

Love #3, 4, and #5.

Thanks for your input. With #2, how would you position her to get a better result?

Probably a side profile with the wind taking her hair.

Most reactions

Back