Maternity Shoot c&c welcome

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I posted last week regarding light set ups for a maternity shoot. The lights didn't really work out, so we had to get creative with the ambient light.

I used DPP to fix white balance, etc. GIMP was used for cropping and smaller edits.

1. I think this one is my favorite. I like the colors.
6668152913_dfd207df52_b.jpg

2. I have quite a few shots with this mirror, I think I'd like to do some sort of collage/story board with them.
6668161843_67c15b1060_z.jpg

3. Another from the mirror set. The junk in the lower right hand corner of the mirror is bugging me. (If any PS wizards would like to edit, be my guest... *cough cough*)
6668159223_cd8f859d03_z.jpg

4. This is back-lit through a window with a white sheet.
6668153249_1d8400fe78_z.jpg

It this your first time? I like 2 and 3 as a starting point. 4 is classic but photoshop the curtain out. 1 not so much. A little flat.

It this your first time?

Yep, this was my first maternity shoot. Well, I did a few when I worked @ a retail studio, but all I had to do there was pose and push a button (all settings were programmed, didn't take much thought!).

1 not so much. A little flat.

Really? That's my favorite one :)

Why didn't the lights work out ?

Just... didn't. We were kind of hurried, and neither of us had worked with off camera flash before (both of us worked at a well known "studio" once upon a time, but again, everything was pre programmed). I'm still very interesting in learning to use external flash, but I don't think that was the best way/tiome to figure it out.

Minus the clutter in the right hand corner ...3 is my favorite!
The subject in the photo is much more talented with PS than I... hopefully she'll be able to fix that once I get her the RAW files :)

Her stomach looks a tad hot, but I like the colors of it. I do like all the photos so :thumbup: to you ;)

Most reactions

Back