Maternity shot. C&C

Stamp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is actually a photo I took today for the TPF fight club, and I thought it turned out pretty damned good, but I'd love to get some of the pro's (and wannabe pro's :D) opinion on it. And for the record, I don't like PP on skin, so I don't do it... I think natural skin adds character and life IMHO. ;)

4242812494_07049ce7ea_b.jpg

Last edited:
Not bad. I feel like something is holding it back though. I'm not sure what, I am sure one of the more experienced photogs will give you a good C&C.

well, definitely no need for pp on skin. her skin looks perfect. It would have been nice, imo, if there had been some light on the side of her belly as well. I wouldn't have cranked the exposure anymore for fear of blowing out the window light, but a little lift to the side belly would have been helpful. Maybe a reflector bouncing back some of that window light? The crop is nice and the placement of her hands is also nice.

I love Window lighting! it creates lovely tones and what not but the best part is that its free! I would have used a fill card and gotten a little more light on her hand and the right side of the belly. I would have also had her take off her rings because they are distracting

Thanks for the comments everyone. I actually had an off camera slave flash fire in front of her, and I used an on camera flash to fill the front. I didn't want to get the subject overly bright, and wanted a more gradual fade into the bright window beyond.

I will definitely start using some reflector and see what I can do with them... Thanks again.

I would agree on the rings its the first thing that I looked at.

Most reactions

Back