What's new

Mathers Airshow

chiefpackman

TPF Noob!
Joined
Sep 22, 2013
Messages
43
Reaction score
13
Location
California
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went to an airshow today out in California. Got quite sunburned but got some decent shots. This one was my favorite out of the bunch. They had set off some explosions to simulate dropping bombs. That is why it is smoky. I like the effect it created almost like its coming out of a war zone. I like how the colors turned out. What do you think?
 
Was he doing a dead stick landing?

If his engines were running his propellers should be a lot more blurred.
Otherwise it looks a lot like a model hanging from string in front of a backdrop.
Your shutter speed was to fast to blur the props.
I recommend cropping so the subject has more scale in the frame.

In Camera Raw I added mid-tone contrast (Clarity), increased the Vibrance, Sharpened a bit(+25)
In Photoshop CC 2014 I cropped and added a thin black border.

DSC_Edit0332-1.jpg
 
Last edited:
FYI, I'd start somewhere in the 1/100-1/160 range to blur the props, depending on engine speed.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom