Matlock Pier at sunrise (without the sun)

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Woke up at 4 a.m. to meet with a group of local photographers to shoot the sunrise on this lake, an hour north of the city. The sun never showed up, obscured by the clouds. But when Nature gives you lemons, you try and make lemonade – even if you were operating on 3 hours of sleep :)

p1113755872-4.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Whoa. At first I was like "OVEREXPOSURE" but I kinda like it now! How long was this exposure ...? The snowy effect is pretty awesome.

How long was this exposure ...?
The Google extension says half a second, but my data on Zenfolio says 2.5 seconds. I went to the camera to confirm and it was indeed 2.5 seconds. (I should've known that half a second was impossible by looking at the photo.)

Thank you!

How much did you post process? I can't believe that 2.5 seconds yielded such white water!

How much did you post process? I can't believe that 2.5 seconds yielded such white water!
I didn't do too much in post. Most of it was to remove the warm cast produced at the top by the GND filter. I'm attaching the untouched file.

$_7000139.jpg

If I ever get the pleasure of shooting along side you, I've bringing caffeine pills - your sleeping habits would probably kill me, though. Ah, the sacrifice one has to do for one's art...;)

If I ever get the pleasure of shooting along side you, I've bringing caffeine pills - your sleeping habits would probably kill me, though. Ah, the sacrifice one has to do for one's art...;)
It was a once-in-a-lifetime sacrifice. These piers face east, so I had wanted to shoot a sunrise there for years. (The sun didn't deliver, so I still do!) No one has to worry about me waking up early to take photos – I just don't have it in me, I'm a night owl.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back