Eagle With Catch

RowdyRay

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Like most everyone, I've been cooped up inside. Jealous of you folks that have plenty of blooming plants to shoot. Here in MN, everything is still brown and dead yet. Pretty boring, and going stir crazy. Last Saturday I woke up really early. Shaping up to be one of the nicest days we've had so far. Grabbed the camera and headed to a local eagle nest. Arrived as the sun was coming up. Glad I did.

Shortly after I got there, one of the parents flew in real low over the lake. Clearly carrying it's prize. Instead of flying up to the nest, it landed on a fallen tree in the water. About 25 yards from me. Actually lifted the fish up and looked right at me. Almost like showing off. Then flew off in a big loop up to the nest.

Have many more, but here's a few of my favorites. Not perfect. Definitely out of practice but, worth it to get out of the house for a couple hours. The best part was I never saw another person. Thanks for looking.

49804693703_31dc52c814_h.jpg

49804697313_5db92aebaf_h.jpg

49804698098_3a62f0d826_h.jpg

49805255901_59de864ee2_h.jpg

What a nice reward for going out. Good shots. I like #3.

Wonderful set! Great shooting.

Beautiful images! I’m sure that made the day.

What a nice reward for going out. Good shots. I like #3.

Excellent set.

#3 for the win!

Thank you both. Huh, this was my least favorite, but included it because of the wing position. Looks cool as heck.

I know the shutter speed should have been a tad higher, but it happened rather fast. Just thrilled to have gotten these shots at all.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back