Matrix Flight

El-Mariachi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photoboxgallery.com
Been experimenting with some action shots lately, found that the camera im using (Fuji Finepix 2800) Has a high shutter speed when used in high light conditions.

Please let me know what you all think (And if anyone knows how to manually set the shutter speed on a Fuji Finepix 2800 that would be good too)

Cheers

resized_2003_0803_155235ac.jpg

voodoocat said:
Crop off the bottom part including the shadow and you have a winner.
If the bottom is cropped off, then the photo will lose the sense of height. Which IMO is quite important in this case. The shadow is fine where it is because it conveys the height.

nukie said:
If the bottom is cropped off, then the photo will lose the sense of height. Which IMO is quite important in this case. The shadow is fine where it is because it conveys the height.

Interesting. IMO the sense of height is more dramatic when you can't see how far he actually is from the ground.

voodoocat said:
Interesting. IMO the sense of height is more dramatic when you can't see how far he actually is from the ground.
Well the way I see it, if theres no shadow, he could be a few miles or a few inches off the ground. Me being the realist that I am, I'd normally tend to think it was the latter.

The shots is great... For what it's worth though, i do like the shadow and the ground in the shot, however you do need to ditch the wall, it makes it kinda obvious where he came from...

You could try the same shot but put the camera next to the wall and shoot out from it, still getting the same effect but in what seems to be an open area.

I think if you loose the ground you loose the reality from the shot, it could be interpreted as being miles off the ground or simply a foot off the ground with some clever photoshop editing.

Keep trying from differnt angles and differnt techniques and i'm sure you'll get a winner...

That is of course assuming you model doesn't do an ankle...

i cant decide if i like the shadow or not :lol: ... but the concept is rock star 8) ....

verticalcrop.jpg

Hope you don't mind... I cropped it for you and darkened it up a little. Looks more like he's flying and less like he's falling now! Cool pic!

-Taryn

Taryn said:
verticalcrop.jpg

Hope you don't mind... I cropped it for you and darkened it up a little. Looks more like he's flying and less like he's falling now! Cool pic!

-Taryn
Nice work!! :D

I realy like the shot, are the guns real or fake? If they are real just stop here!!!

I also think the wall should go or just try jumping off somthing with sharper lines and take it from a 90 degree angle. The sharp lines and angles would look very cool with your subject. Just my thoughts....
nikon

how about having him jump over some kind of light source pointed up and towards the expected apex of his jump? this would give more detail of the body/clothing inside the trench coat. might be kinda hard in that it is outdoors... a reflector on the ground maybe?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back