Matt-is-Alien

gizmo2071

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ummonshadow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Been a couple posts today of selective lighting.
Well I've seen quite alot around today. So I'm joining in aswell.
Look at the image, but think outside the box. Use your imagination.

alien.jpg

i don't like that i can't see any detail in the eyes. i like photos with lots of dark space in them, however i think this is overboard. and since there isn't anything on the right it might as well be cropped out imo.

this doesn't do anything for me.

I like this photo. I do however have a problem with the white dot in his nose. I am not sure if that is light or a nose ring.

i really like this shot. The low detail and lots of dark space make me think that this foto may have a meaning built into it on purpose. i enjoy these fotos! good job!
willis

newrmdmike said:
i don't like that i can't see any detail in the eyes. i like photos with lots of dark space in them, however i think this is overboard. and since there isn't anything on the right it might as well be cropped out imo.

I have to completely disagree with that. I think it's the opposite. Great job and lighting is great

one thing just the dot in his nose as mentioned

newrmdmike said:

Thats cool man.
I was going for an Alien/Other worldy being effect.
Took me a few attempts to actually make it so there was barely any detail in the eye.
I think your right on the negative space.
Tho I thought it maybe added a "What more could there be to this guy" sort of effect.
Thanks for your in put :)

oldnavy170 said:
I like this photo. I do however have a problem with the white dot in his nose. I am not sure if that is light or a nose ring.

Yeh. Sorry about that light.
I have my septum pierced. The light is the ball the sticks out my nose :p

wclement7 said:
i really like this shot. The low detail and lots of dark space make me think that this foto may have a meaning built into it on purpose. i enjoy these fotos! good job!
willis

Thanks for that :)
As I said above. There was an intended purpose, but I never mentioned it really when I posted it, other than in the title.
I also said I saw alot of this style photo around the past couple of days. So I added my own twist to it, rather than it being another cliché shot :)

DeepSpring said:
I have to completely disagree with that. I think it's the opposite. Great job and lighting is great

one thing just the dot in his nose as mentioned

Thank you :)
Appreciate your input.
And again. Sorry about my nose piercing.
Does it still detract from the image even when you know what it is?

Thanks guys :)
Some interesting points. Thats what I love about this place :D

haha, that sounds so funny. "that light is the ball coming out of my nose"

I really like it. I think you kinda do look like an alien with that black eyeball. Plus septum piercings = <3 so balls coming out of your nose are OK with me. I dunno..imo I think if you cropped the side just a tad more it would be okay. But not the whole darkness. I think it looks cool like that

Thanks guys :)
I've cropped it slightly and it does look abit better :)
But I won't upload it.

Yay for septum piercings :D

Most reactions

Back