May 08 Photo Challenge - "Sunrise Over Sea"

I'd be excited to have the option of working with any of the song titles! Some good imagery possibilities there...

I vote for allowing sunsets so it's more fair to everyone. I would think you'd limit your submission amount if you limit it to sunrises.

Rhys, Pre-sunrise colors are almost the same as a sunsets colors, Pinks, deep oranges, etc.
Heres a Pre sunrise:

n594962652_815025_8940.jpg

n594962652_814994_4333.jpg

I think a lot of the differences in hue between sunrises and sunsets have to do with location. If east of the observer has a low horizon, then the observer will see more of the long wavelengths. If there are obstructions on the horizon, then the shorter wavelengths may predominate by the time the sun rises enough, therefore more yellows than reds.

If there is less pollution or any particulate matter in the air in the mornings, then there will be less emphasis on the longer wavelengths, and less red.

Often, there will tend to be more particulate matter in the evenings in any given location, so therefore sunsets can tend more toward the red.

But of course, conditions at any given moment are quite variable.
;)

i would want to have a say on that also..

yeah.. better allow the sunset too..
because people really live on different sides of the world.
at one side the sunrise is most beautiful to view while at the other side sunset is best ^_^

gives us a couple of option too ^_^

wow!

too bad..
i believe i cant join coz im a newbie here ^_^
I'm also a noob. I was reading the sticky regarding the challenge. If I read it correctly, even noobs like us can submit a photo. I think we just can't vote on the submissions until we've been members for greater than 10 days and have more than 25 posts. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

You guys are good to enter the contest. If you have less than 25 posts and have been on for less than 10 days you will be ineligible to vote, but you can still enter the contest... Just have 25 posts by the end of the month and you'll be able to vote...

Anyway, the Challenge is open to everyone...

You guys are good to enter the contest. If you have less than 25 posts and have been on for less than 10 days you will be ineligible to vote, but you can still enter the contest... Just have 25 posts by the end of the month and you'll be able to vote...

Yup

So from the sounds of it you people don't really want to open it up to the full album, but do want to open it up to sunsets right?

So from the sounds of it you people don't really want to open it up to the full album, but do want to open it up to sunsets right?

Yes please. I'll enter the two I've just shown if possible. They're somewhat special to me and I'll explain why, later.

I live in San Diego.. i need SUNSET to be included on this :D

oh that's great..

Yes please. I'll enter the two I've just shown if possible. They're somewhat special to me and I'll explain why, later.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Rhys but...

- Please keep your photo anonymous (no distinguishing watermarks, and no photos that have been posted previously on the forum)

and...

.........Copy and Paste this into your submission email...........................

Has this photo been posted before? Y/N

:(

Most reactions

Back