Maybe a silly question...

chilli42

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi,

Not sure if this is a silly question or not. Just upgraded to a D500 and very pleased so far.

Just embarking on a road trip and the camera is in a good bag on the back seat of the car and it occurred to me as to if the cars vibrations, rattles and bumps etc can cause any harm to the cameras internals?

Any thoughts on this?

Nothing to worry about.

Unless you drive off a cliff, no. It's all good

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk
LOL, sorry I need a sec to stop laughing :bouncingsmileys:

Yeap, modern DSLR are not made of paper and even most basic cameras can take MUCH more then car movements and vibration.
The D500 is a pro camera designed to take a lot of beating and keep working so I wouldn't worry about anything with it so unless you plan on playing soccer and use it as the ball you should be happy for many years with it.

There are no silly questions.

I had a lens in the trunk of my car for a long time. The vibrations loosened the screws requiring a servicing. The truck is a harsher ride than the backseat and a long time is different that a vacation. You will/should be fine ... But it can happen.

If you placed the camera on the floor without the bag then you may have a problem with sharp bumps, like potholes. No problem in the bag. I carry my gear in a backpack style camera bag and throw it down in the back of the car without any problems.

I took the wife mudding up in the mountains in the Jeep .... with the doors & top off ... Lowepro bag got tidal waved in the backseat and the camera survived just fine ;) Last week I rattled the screws out of an overhead speaker on a mountain trail .. camera survived that one too ... speaker didn't do too good though. LOL

Most reactions

Back