What's new

Maybe the most beautiful thing I own

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Aug 29, 2010
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
657
Location
Norway
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
If you said "Pictures of my Olympus camera" I wouldn't even have looked, but I like these a lot. Very clean, the lighting is awesome. The only ones that bug me are #5 and #6. The DOF is a tad too shallow. #5 the right side of the lens is OOF and same for the front part of the lens in #6.
 
The box is working perfectly. Just those darn lights that aren't white. Had correct for the colour pretty severely. I can post an unedited file later tonight.

And I'm having problems with the dof, yup. I stopped down to f/9, but as I'm approaching closest focusing distance, it's not enough. I'm having too slow shutter speeds already, around 1/8th, if I remember correctly. I could stop down all the way, set it to 10 secs self timer and go for long exposures, I suppose...
 
Here's an unedited JPEG. Look at that colour. Well, I shot auto WB, maybe it would be better if I shot custom?

IMG_4456jpeg.jpg
 
Indeed. I'll try custom WB and see what happens.
 
Custom WB much better. Still some blues in there. Easily correctable, though.


gif maker
 
Last edited:
It's beautiful! :D

But, just a little suggestion. Gently clean it well, first with a clean brush to remove the dust and dirt, then with a clean cloth to remove the fingerprints and oils. I'd suggest a light surface cleaner, such as glass cleaner applied to a cloth, but I don't know if that's okay for a camera. Perhaps someone else has a better suggestion. Then, take some more photos of this gem!
 
Hehe, you're right :) I've been considering getting a pair of proper gloves. Finger marks and dust is ugly in this setting. It's hard getting the dust out of the small places between lens and body etc. I've tried with q-tips, but they aren't ideal.
 
You need a fine brush. I have automotive detail brushes that work well, but inexpensive paint brushes are fine. The bristles shouldn't be too short or too soft.

$interior_brush.webp
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom