Maymiya RB67 PRO-SD

pwnstar max

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all! i just bought a Pro-SD mamiya off ebay yesterday. it came with the standard 90mm lens. i have been doing much reading on this camera, sounds like an amazing camera, i love how it has the rotating back, and the bellows focusing. just wondering what else im going to need. the camera does not need any other parts, but i suppose ill need a light meter? and i already bought 5 rolls of tmax 120 film.

do any of you have one of these cameras? do you like it? ive heard many great things about the mamiya. i would love to see some pictures produced from this camera does anyone have any theyd like to share?

Congratulations. Great camera. I used RZ67's for years in the studio. You will need a tripod since these cameras don't hand hold very well. Otherwise you are good to go.

Hi and congrats on the RB! Take a stroll over to the darkroom section and introduce yourself because if you like B&W and you are going to shoot 6x7 you are going to want to develop yourself. They don't seem to bite so have fun! mike

already have a full setup, my neighbor is a pro photography and had a full dark room in his basement but he went all digital and hadntused his dark roomin5 years. so i got a great deal, $100 bucks for everything.

heh, nahh im only 16 years old :lol: dont plan on gettin married for a while.

but anyways, what would be the best light meter for this application, i looked on B&h and they had a million different kinds. thanks in advancedd

You are the proud owner of the heaviest MF camera out there. I'd say that is quite a machine for a 16yr old to be driving, lucky dog you. It's built like a Russian Tank and will last almost forever with a bit of care.

One word of caution... don't force anything if it;s not firing or cocking for some reason. That generally means someting is wrong either you forgot to cock the film back, you forgot the darkslide, put an uncocked lens on a cocked body or vs versa. STOP AND THINK! Forcing it will only damage internal parts. Get the manual. I'll try to find a link since Mamiya's site is down. Google it I'm sure one of the sites has it on file. If not I may have it in PDF someplace.

Now, go load up some film and have a ball. It;'s a fun camera adn don't be surprised if people stop to watch you, generally they duck when you point it at em.

Hand holding it is not a problem. I walk around with mine when the light is good and doesn't require a tripod. Just remember to hold the camera still for an extra blink of the eye after you hear the mirror go up. Many people think when they hear the mirror, the shot was taken. The shutter actually fires a moment after that sound. Without film in it, open the back and dry fire it to see what I am talking about so you'll get the hang of it.

Get yourself a nice meter like a Gossen Luna Pro SBC since they are about $60 on the street these days. Watch the classifieds, they pop up every so often. You can guestimate your exposures using the sunny 16 rule.

Good luck and let's see some of your work posted here soon?

if you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask?

yeah ONE more question! what is the sunny 16 rule? also, youll be sure to see much of my work! thanks for all the advice all!

sunny 16 rule... http://www.camerareview.com/templates/sunny16.cfm

I halve the film speed for B&W since I expose for shadows, develope for highlights and get great results when I don't have my meter handy.

Do some film/exposure testing to see where your film is working for you and once you've seen the printed results, you can make your own guestimate exposures from there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back