MC-36 with D70s?

Remi M.

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I tried for the first time doing time lapse photography with my d70s. I was impressed with the results. But counting of between shots and manualy releasing the shutter 100+ times in the cold gets old real quick. So I want to get a intervolometer.

Would this one work with the Nikon D70s?
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=258&productNr=4917#

The D70s had a remote cord plug on it. But when I see the compatible camera's with that remote cord I don't see the D70s listed.

Thanks

If it is not listed it probably won't work you can call or E-mail Nikon for confirmation

I don't see any cameras listed. Why do you think it won't work with the D70?

That remote cord is for the D1 series, D2 series, D200, etc with a 10 pin remote socket. The two remotes for the D70s are the MC-DC1 or the wireless ML-L3

Get whichever remote release works with the camera. Tape down the button to open the shutter and then remove the take to close it when the exposure is finished. This assumes you can be there for the end of the exposure.

I already have the ML-L3 (every d70 owner should have it at $20). The MC-DC1 is just the corded version of the Ml-L3.

What I'm looking for is a intervolometer. A remote cord that will let me for example set the camera to take 1 shot every 3 seconds for 120 frames with out me doing each shot manualy.

Looking at the 10pin cord the MC-36 won't work.

Is anyone aware of a intervolometer that will work?

I've seen something that emulates the ML-L3 IR remote, it's called Time Machine or something like that. I haven't used one and don't know anything about it, I just seem to remember seeing it at one point.
I did a quick search and this showed up:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1088425927.html

fmw: don't tempt me :)

sap921: hmm interesting. Although I don't like the idea of taping the IR emmiter to the camera.

Having looked through the nikon remote capture software options. I found time lapse option. Seems like a great way of doing it at home or studio. But cumbersome in the field.

Most reactions

Back