Me & the Milky Way

Tallgrass1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've debated whether or not posting this, not sure it's worthy enough for the TPF crowd :05.18-flustered:. Took this earlier this summer, really my first attempt at capturing the Milky Way. Was just outside my hometown along the river. Little horizon glow from the next town downstream.

Panasonic G6, 12-35 f2.8. 12mm, 20 sec exposure at 3200 ISO.

Don't look to closely at me, I'm a touch blurry - hard to balance on a rock, in the dark, for 20 seconds.

Original
34720678304_8a4bcac1b4_z.jpg

One slightly cropped to remove so much black on the L & R sides
35854901604_164a7ac7b9_z.jpg

Let me know what you think, always wanting to learn & improve.

Nice, the cropped version make your blurriness more obvious, maybe go back half way with the crop !

Wow, nice job. I actually like the original better. The proportions seem to fit better with the vastness of the night sky.

Ah, I think this is worthy.
The human element adds a lot to the whole ... makes a viewer look from bottom to top.

I prefer the original, I think this is great and definitely worthy. Really love the human silhouette and the composition. Great shot.

Wow, nice job. I actually like the original better. The proportions seem to fit better with the vastness of the night sky.
That's why I posted both, I like the wider view of the sky in the original, but I keep finding myself drawn to the black blobs in the bottom corners.

Thanks for the 'votes' everyone.

Most reactions

Back