Medium Format Anyone?

RikWriter said:
No, actually it was me that used sarcasm to comment on Dave's assertion. That is only an "attack" in such a broad definition of the term as to make it meaningless. Criticizing someone's statement isn't attacking them personally. Perhaps some here should try to understand that. Dave's assertion, on the other hand, was an attack of PEOPLE, not of opinions, yet strangely no one seems to have a probem with it.

That's your right to believe that. But it's not your right to impose your thinking on other people. Funny enough, as you say, most of us here didn't find anything offensive in Dave's assertion. It's just Dave's assertion for god's sake. That's all there is to it. I might not like it but I'm not going to point fingers at Dave for mentioning it.

Peace.

photogoddess said:
Rik,
Seems that no one took his statement as an attack but you. Please drop it.
Thank you,
Admins and Mods

So not only must I not disagree with his statement, I must wait to sniff the wind and see if anyone else disagrees before expressing an opinion? I think the people who keep telling me to drop it are the ones who need to drop it. Had no one gotten their nose out of joint from my simple and NOT insulting or offensive comment, there would be no argument.

Mitica100 said:
That's your right to believe that. But it's not your right to impose your thinking on other people.

Ah, so now merely expressing my opinion is "imposing" my "thinking on other people." It gets even deeper... :lol:

RikWriter said:
But mocking others for making sensible use of the features of the camera they chose isn't a difference of opinion, it's a character failure.

This is where it became a personal attack.

RikWriter said:
I wasn't aware that disagreeing with someone was not "being nice." Is it necessary to agree with every statement made, in your opinion, to avoid the possibility of offending someone? Is that how you believe life works?

When you are asked to drop it and you don't by moderators and administrators of this forum is when you broke the rules of the "life" on this forum. Let's not argue any further and for the last time, drop it.

Rik,

Often times through the use of the internet, we cannot deem very accurately the way your wanted your words to be formed. All we have to go by is the sound of what you typed when you typed it. YOU stand alone here my friend...Im fairly positive no one else thinks the way you do. I would leave it alone or leave. But the time is nigh, so make your choice.

MATT

This thread's title is now officially changed to "Pick A Fight Anyone?" :)

This is getting good. who's gonna throw the first punch? It's absolutely amazing how we as "intellegent" creatures can turn something so simple into something so narrow minded...so come on folks FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

LOL! it reminds me of that 7 seconds song we're gonna fight.

"We're gonna fight- we know who's right!
NOT THEM!...
Me & you, we're gonna fight their narrow minds.
Make your own rules- live your life and I'll live mine."

Are we not here to take and exhibit our photographs? Come on folks. It's monday and I don't have the stomach for such child like posts. Is it the ghost of Ryan Gracie that has everyone stirred up? PEACE!! Think marshmallows and butterflies! Bunny rabbits and sunflower smells!

lmao, Im with mountainlander, although my 2 MF cameras are more toys for me. Im trying to curb my desire for one ill use a lot till I have room for a darkroom.

:heart: Medium Format

Wow! No..... Wait a minute. Wow! Didn't see this coming. Rik, I just want to thank you so much for making this thread so viscerally invigorating for everyone. It definitely went the distance. Glad I could help just by having an opinion.

I would also like to thank everyone else for such an overwhelming response. I am glad to see that this is not another one of those forums full of shiny happy people too afraid to have an honest opinion and voice it.

I won’t drag this out by going into any long dissertations explaining my opinion because sometimes it is better to agree to disagree. Besides, this one has been pretty much beat to death so; I’ll save it for the “Hardball Politics” forum I frequent.

You’ve all been Great!

I feel like I'm really on photo.net, what the hell is going on?

In any case, I lovvvvvvve my Mamiya C330. Unfortunately I won't have my darkroom for a whole year >_<. I think all people should use medium format, so we can keep it alive.

Most reactions

Back